Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Prague Sept 27

Some things are just plain bizarre. I went to sleep around eleven, and I was pretty tired. It had been a long day.
I half-woke at around one. What woke me up was a furry feeling on my cheek. In retrospect I am amazed I didn't freak out, but I only reached over, and discovered a cat rubbing against my face. There are children reading this, so I will keep it clean, but talk about room service.
My room was very warm, and I had opened the windows, but I overlooked a ravine, and I am still perplexed how the cat got in.
It was a sweet kitten, very pretty, and after some cuddling I did put her out.
In the morning I left to check on our bags, and discovered the area, where my hotel was, was quite nice, it looked a lot better than in the dark last night.
You can't imagine my feeling when I got to the bus station, and discovered it was not open. I just stood there and hyperventilated. I headed to another bus station, where this company had an office, but suffice it to say I got nowhere. This is a long weekend in the Czech Republic, and all the people with keys to this office are out of town. At least that's their story. Not a lot of cooperation.
The other fact is that because of the holiday they are also closed tomorrow, so I have to wait until Tuesday to get the bags.
This also meant having to reschedule my flight, once more.
I went to the airport to see if anyone there could help me, but again, no luck. So it was back on Skype, and an hour later I finally did it. I have a flight on Tuesday, which means that all I get to see of Dublin is what's there on the way from the airport and back.
I finally finished my running around at 4. I did luck out for a hotel. I didn't really want to go back to the boonies. That one km uphill walk was too much to face. So I tried one of the hotels that was full yesterday, and I lucked out. It's central, and I was upgraded to a double room. It is gorgeous room, on the seventh floor, overlooking the city. It's only 75 dollars a night, and that includes breakfast. Something nice, for a change.
I did get an email from Sandy and Sonja, and they are having a good time in Dublin. The townhouse we booked is beautiful and they had a nice pub supper last night.
I won't mention what I ate yesterday
The SAGA continues tomorrow.
Photo 1 my room in the boonies
Photo 2 my room in the second hotel
Photo 3 beer ad
Photo 4 view from my room



No comments: